Organizations eligible to apply for an Impact100 Atlanta grant must:
- Be tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, independent of a financial sponsor (local affiliates may apply under the 501(c)(3) of the national organization).
- Serve residents of the counties in the Atlanta region (Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, Henry and Rockdale counties)
- Be in possession of at least three full years (36 months) of audited financial statements.
Projects eligible for the Impact100 grant must:
- Serve residents of, and expend funds fully in the Atlanta region (Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, Henry and Rockdale counties)
- Be a transformational project for the organization in fulfilling its mission and providing its services
- Be a capital project, new program, expansion of an existing program, or a new or expanded collaborative effort of multiple nonprofit organizations
- Have a total project budget for the full Impact100 grant amount
- Expend funds within 25 months of the December award date
- Be designated by the applying nonprofit organization for one of the following Focus Areas:
- Arts & Culture: Initiatives that cultivate, develop, and enhance the cultural, artistic and historic climate of the Atlanta Area.
- Education: Initiatives that further the educational process or improve access to education for children and/or adults in the Atlanta Area.
- Environment, Recreation & Preservation: Initiatives that will restore, preserve, revitalize or enhance the facilities, surroundings and/or recreational opportunities of the Atlanta Area.
- Family: Initiatives that strengthen and enhance the lives of children and families living in the Atlanta Area.
- Health & Wellness: Initiatives that improve the mental and/or physical well-being of people living in the Atlanta Area.
Impact100 Atlanta will not provide grants for:
- General operating expenses or overhead (Items of an operating or overhead nature may be requested if applicable to the new initiative or project to be funded by Impact100 Atlanta)
- Debt reduction or operational deficits
- Grants to individuals
- Endowment funding
- Interim or bridge funding
- Partisan, legislative, or political activity
- Capital improvements or renovations to property for the grant project where the organization does not own or have at least a five-year lease or written agreement
- Projects of individual churches, religious organizations or bodies of worship that are intended to benefit only their specific denominations or congregations, or are exclusive with respect to others of differing beliefs
- Faith-based projects/programs which require participation in activities of a particular faith, denomination or religion in order to benefit from the project or program
- Benefits of the project or program must be available to any person, regardless of religious beliefs or practices
- Benefits of the project or program must not be dependent on any person being required to participate in any religious activity, ceremony or service
As we continue to grow and evolve, Impact100 Atlanta reserves the right to change its eligibility criteria without notice at any time.